Friday 16 October 2015

Trip Report: JQ5

An upgrade to business class on this trip! Was keen to see what Jetstar had to offer up the pointy end, they spruik it as "business class", but us realists see it for the premium economy that it is.

Starting off with a quick trip to Qantas' International Business Lounge. It looked a bit dated, but was in reasonable enough nick, and with most flights having already left it was pretty empty. Some obligatory passport/boarding pass/food photos from the lounge:

Life in the Qantas International Business Lounge

With only minor hold-ups, we were soon in the air. The hold-ups getting on enabled me to grab some snaps of our Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I later found out the plane was less than 6 months old - almost fresh out of the box, and the newest in Jetstar's fleet!

Jetstar's newest equipment!

Less than an hour after take-off, and with the gentleman in front of me's seat fully reclined, dinner was served. Three courses seemed about par, but the food was surprisingly decent compared to what I was expecting. I took a menu photo, but all that needs to be said is a couple of pastry entrees, chicken, and chocolate tart:

Jetstar's 3-course business class fare

Settling in to sleep for a while, awakening only to mum watching one of 4 movies she watched on the trip, I awoke shortly before breakfast. Too hungry to take a photo, I promptly dove in. Also a great selection! Food is a winner for me on this sector.

As we neared Hawaii, we were treated to some typically spectacular scenery. The sunrise was just fantastic, and the scenery on final approach into Honolulu was also nothing short of brilliant:

If this scenery keeps up, I'll be very happy!

Props to Jetstar's crew, and many thanks are due for letting me into the cockpit post-flight to examine the inner workings of the Dreamliner:

Cockpit view of the 787

That about does me, I'll be traipsing around Waikiki as the weather looks great!

Felicity says:
Plane geek overload here... but I concur with Matthew's compliments to Jetstar, the staff were great too. No sleep for me but at least I caught up on 4 recent movies. 

No comments: