Monday 26 October 2015

Oh noes! It's broke!

That would be the camera then.

After less than 2 years of great service, I was minding my own business on the Kona seafront when BOOM! Instant tsunami/mega tidal wave over the seawall. Seawater + camera = bad news. So naturally it doesn't work.

Most of the rest of the day was spent sorting that out, given that one CAN'T be without a camera on holidays.

I did manage a few decent shots before the wall of water though:

Pre-tidal wave snaps

The camera people have managed to source me a secondhand identical camera (no mean feat on an island with as few permanent residents as Hawai'i) for a reasonable price, so with any luck I will be back in action for tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned.

Felicity says:

We've had a few crises this trip, but this took the cake. I don't know what we would have done if there hadn't been a suitable replacement camera. Thankfully all the other gear that got wet has recovered (including Matthew). He must have accidentally turned the GoPro on just after the wave hit, there's a few hilarious (well, NOW it's hilarious, not then) seconds of dripping wet Matthew. At least I got my secondhand bookstore visit in first (the one in Kona is better than most I've found in Oz for fiction books). 

No comments: