Monday 29 September 2014

Wandering around Glenelg

The first of four rest days today - I was determined to make the most of it. Fortunately mid-afternoon the clouds gave way to bright blue skies and I headed to Glenelg to take some photos.

Scour for the Glenelg photos amid the Adelaide set:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81692166@N05/sets/72157647944491370/

This was my first trip to Adelaide since 1995. Yes, it's been that long. I was all of two years old, and I remember absolutely zero.

Glenelg was absolutely gorgeous. I'd been told there's a really nice strip of restaurants and cafes, but I couldn't see the evidence of that seeing as how I didn't stick around until dinner. There's not much of it, there's a pier, a beach and a square as the main attractions. There's a couple more parks if you wander around a bit, with more blue skies, and an enormous amount of tall apartment buildings and hotels.

Here are some of my favourite photos from today:

My favourites from today     

Another rest day is coming up tomorrow, my plan is to go into the city centre. See you there!

No comments: