Saturday 27 September 2014

Greetings from Adelaide!

Well... welcome. This is my second blogging trip - I guess that means that I can successfully masquerade as a travel bug. For the time being at least.

Greetings from Adelaide! It's a whole lot less organisation to go on a domestic trip for a week and a half than to Europe for three months, of that there can be no doubt. It was a fairly uneventful Tigerair flight from Brisbane, which is impressive in itself, or so I'm told. I don't think I've ever had a problem with them. Oh, except they offered me an exit row seat. Woohoo!

What's the schedule? Well I'm down here for the annual AFL Masters National Carnival. That's basically Over 35s to Over 55s (old farts) playing footy. I'll be doing some umpiring, as well as some photography on my free days. There's four days of footy, and four free days.

Today there was grocery shopping (yes, I'll have to cook on my own for a week and a half, OH NO!) and an umpires meeting at Westminster School in Marion, where the carnival will be held. It's a pretty boarding school about 10 minutes on the train from where I'm staying in Seacliff.

Tomorrow is the first matchday. Until then!

No comments: