Saturday 4 October 2014

There's the siren! It's full time!

Wow. I am categorically glad that is over. I had three enormous games of footy today, all involving running, back-to-back-to-back. First up on field, then two more on boundary. I was still able to run hard all the way to the end though, something I would never have been able to do back in my first Masters Carnival at Maroochydore in 2011.

After collecting my 'Team Orange' photo of all the umpires and assorted crap that I had used for footy over the last week, I had a bit of a chat with some of the other umpires, sitting down to alleviate the 25.4km of running I did today, before heading back to Seacliff.

Some more photos on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81692166@N05/sets/72157647944491370/

As the sun went down, it stayed fine and sunny, with small scattered clouds. I headed down to Brighton Beach and Jetty to catch some sunset and night photos. While I got there about 10 or 15 minutes later than I had planned, the sunset photos still came out well:

Sunset in Brighton

Once the sun had set, I got the tripod out and started taking some long exposure shots. I joined some Japanese tourists at the end of the pier who were doing the same thing, with much better lenses and filters. I still think I did a fair job though, I had some space to myself once they left, and again on the beach there was next to no-one at night:

Brighton Pier at night

I think I'll head back here again tomorrow, and run a couple of errands to round out my stay. Catch you then!

No comments: